Hosting Study Groups
Part I – Setting the Stage
Preparing to facilitate a Global Group
Here are a number of things you can do to begin preparing for this role immediately.
- Listen to the online revelations of the Bhagavad Gita and The Mother Book by Sat Shree and read The Bhagavad Gita Revealed by Sat Shree in advance of facilitating a Global Group.
- Write the Gita and/or The Mother Book. Sat Shree suggests writing one chapter per day.
- Sat Shree is now on Crowdcast, where you can view many events live. You can also attend certain satsangs, intensives, and retreats remotely in this way. If you sign up for an account through Crowdcast they will let you know when there is a live event.
Getting the word out about your Global Group
There are a variety of ways you can let people know about your Global Group.
- If you have friends that seem interested in what you are doing, communicate with them.
- Consider what social groups you are already involved in or perhaps an email service you already use. Starting with what is familiar to you is best.
Social media ideas you might like to explore:
Meetup Groups: bring people together in your community
MailChimp: email marketing service
WhatsApp: bulk email marketing
Facebook: connect with people through your personal or business page
Flyers and Posters
- Post flyers in your community. We will help you create a flyer that you can email out to your community (see Preparation of Flyers).
- Give the flyer to friends, post it in appropriate locations such as yoga studios and health food stores.
- Post notices or ads in local publications, calendar listings and websites.
Preparation of Flyers
- Email the New Dharma webmaster, Christina Nellemann at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will create a flyer for any Global Group. Please have the final information available for her before requesting a flyer, and she will send it as a PDF that can be printed or sent digitally.
- When you have your completed flyer please send a copy of it to email@example.com for final approval.
In addition, New Dharma will:
- Include an announcement of your Global Group in our email newsletter.
- Post the location and contact for your Global Group on the Global Group/Resources page.