Individual Retreat: Expectations
An Individual Retreat at is an opportunity to “withdraw” from the hustle of everyday life. It is an opportunity to “retreat” to a place where the focus of the community is spiritual; to sit in silence and stillness. It is a time to center, recharge and realign.
Expectations of Retreatants
- A commitment to use all activities of the day as opportunities for practice
- A commitment to being fully at the retreat, with no outside activities
- Full participation in the retreat schedule that you have created
- Participation in initial interview with your program facilitator
Communication with the outside world
- The experience of being on retreat is a rare opportunity for silence and stillness.
- All personal and business obligations should therefore be taken care of prior to arrival, to the extent possible.
- We ask that you limit your contact to your business and family to once a week. A number will be provided to your family or business where you can be reached in case of an emergency.